NBA Playoff Betting Preview: Celtics vs. Wizards Game 6, May 12, 2017
by Jim Feist
A huge Game 6 in the Eastern Conference tips off tonight as the Washington Wizards host to Boston to try and keep their season alive and force a Game 7, Friday, May 12, 2017. The Wizards are 5-point home favorites, and the total in Vegas is 216. The Wizards played physical at home and got back in the series, knocking the Celtics around, but then played like soft patsies on the road in Game 5, getting blown out by the Celtics from the opening tipoff. So the home team is a perfect 5-0 SU/ATS. Can the home court trend continue?
#1 Boston Celtics (60-33; 26-20 away) – Brad Stevens
- #1 Celtics: #7 in scoring, #15 in points allowed, #9 in field goal shooting defense, #2 in three-point defense.
- Isiah Thomas (28.9 ppg), Avery Bradley (16.3 p).
- 7-2 ATS run
- Boston shot 51% in each of the first two games at home, 53% in Game 5.
- However, they lost Games 3 and 4 at Washington allowing 116 and 121 points.
(Jim Feist is on a 111-66 NBA run. NBA TV Showdown + MLB Dog of the Month cash Friday: Click: FastFactsToday)
- #4 Washington: #5 in scoring, #21 in points allowed.
- John Wall (23 p) and sharp-shooting Bradley Beal (23 ppg). Wall is averaging 27.8 points, 12.3 assists and 2.8 steals in the series.
- Youth, a below-average defense, can struggle on the road. Wall is the first player in NBA playoff history to record at least 20 points and seven assists in 11 straight games.
- Washington rolled at home in Games 3 and 4, 116-89, 121-102
- Washington is 7-20-1 ATS on one day of rest, but 4-10 ATS after a loss.
- 21-9-1 over the total when their opponent scored 100+ the last game
Head to head matchup: The home team is 9-0 ATS, plus 13-3 ATS, the favorite is 12-2 ATS, and they are 4-1 over the total going head to head.
Free scores and NBA odds daily at JimFeist.com